Smelly breath

Found this recipe......the charcoal is what is supposed to help bad breath. I would recommend talking to their vet first just to be on the safe side.

Bad Breath Biscuits

Ingredients:

2 cups brown rice flour

1 Tablespoon activated charcoal

3 Tablespoons canola oil or vegetable oil

1 egg

1/2 cup chopped fresh mint

1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

2/3 cup low-fat milk

All the above fine for helping with the symptoms, but would recommend a visit to the vet to check out the cause, which is usually build up of gunk, tarter and sometimes gum disease or decay. A vet dental will solve these and the bad breath problem. We have a dog with a genetic tendancy to bad teeth. She's had 3 dentals (at the age of nearly 5) and already needed extractions. One thing that tells us it's time for another oral check is the reappearance of bad breath.

i'm thinking your right Lyn as i can't brush his teeth, he wont eat bones, he wont touch dental chews so there are signs of build up on his teeth, the only thing he will chew on is carrots and there ok but don't do the job.

He will end up at the vets for a clean xxxxxx ty

There usually quick and fairly inexpensive (at our vets at least) and well worth it. Fortunately ours have good teeth as will eat bones etc. Just Mishka who's had terrible teeth from before a year old. Our old boy had one when we got him as his teeth were a bit of a state, including two damaged canines. He has a beautiful gold crown on one of them now!

I use and highly recommend Petzlife Oral Care spray on my dogs. No brushing required, just a daily spritz on the teeth and done. Keeps plaque and buildup away and breath smelling wonderful! You probably don't have Petzlife available to you across the pond but maybe you have a similar, comparable product?