i need help

ok so i dunno what i did but now all my icons on comp are itunes icons - if i uninstall itunes i can get the icons back BUT when i re-install itunes they all go back 2 itunes icons - BUT i need itunes for my music for my ipod - any1 have any idea how 2 change the icons back and keep itunes?????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you uninstall Itunes from your computer, follow the below link that will automatically fix the file associations ‘When you run an .exe file on a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer, the file may start a different program’:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950505

If you are able to fix the file associations, you should run a Malware scan on your computer to check if this is caused by a virus infection.

You can follow the below link and run a Malware scan on your computer: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Try these two options:

1. Left click any where on desktop and menu opens, scroll down and left click on

Properties..

2. Click on the desktop tab when display opens, then click the button that says

Customize Desktop.

3. When this display open you can do one of two things, either click restore default

Or put check marks in the boxes and click on each item and click OK

4. Then click apply and OK to close Display Properties box.

If this doesn’t restore all icons then go to :

1. Start

2. All programs - find the programs that you need icon for.

3. Right click on that item to get menu, a drop down list opens, find where it says

Send to and there will be a option that says create desktop shortcut, click it

And a icon will appear for that item.

OR

if you have an anti-virus, scan through your whole computer as it may be a virus that has caused this on accident.

If they don't work- reply that it didn't and I can search again for a solution!!!

Try these two options:

1. Left click any where on desktop and menu opens, scroll down and left click on

Properties..

2. Click on the desktop tab when display opens, then click the button that says

Customize Desktop.

3. When this display open you can do one of two things, either click restore default

Or put check marks in the boxes and click on each item and click OK

4. Then click apply and OK to close Display Properties box.

If this doesn’t restore all icons then go to :

1. Start

2. All programs - find the programs that you need icon for.

3. Right click on that item to get menu, a drop down list opens, find where it says

Send to and there will be a option that says create desktop shortcut, click it

And a icon will appear for that item.

OR

if you have an anti-virus, scan through your whole computer as it may be a virus that has caused this on accident.

If they don't work- reply that it didn't and I can search again for a solution!!!

that didnt work - im tryin ur windows 7 scan thingy now xx