anti virus

Dunc

Looking at a thread that was made earlier that said on mine "The web page you tried to access is infected with a virus or other malware. Do not attempt to disable the avast! Web Shield in order to access the site."

I use avast and have done for a couple of years now so like the title says what do you use ?

http://www.avast.com/en-gb/index

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agv is IMO terrible these days it seems to be missing more malwares and virus's than it catches, last night I spent 4 hours in front of a friends computer to get rid of a very nasty piece of malware off his computer he was using agv and now I have put him avast on.

BTW avast is also free :)

I've never had any problems with avg. Do you reckon i should change to avast then?

Going off what am seeing at the moment I'd say yes and don't forget you should never run 2 anti virus software programs at the same time :)

I use NOD32 + a bunch of trojan and pop-up stoppers biggrin.gif

I use norton 360 and sometimes run spybot search and destroy to scan the comp when i remember, never had any problems.

Never tried avg or anything free, things are normally free for a reasonbiggrin.gif

Would change these if I were you Rob. Norton bloats your computer with rubbish you dont need and doesnt actually catch as much as most of the free ones out there. You'd be better off with Avast. It would catch more and you'll find your system performance improves as norton eats up at memory on your system.

Spybot is a good program, although I swapped in not so long ago for Malwarebytes Antimalware which you can also get free. Spybot unfortunatly dont seem to be keeping up with the rubbish as quickly as they used to do and its unfortunate because its a good program

hmmm old habits and all that, i'll give the malwarebytes a whirl, i'm happy with norton 360 though, this comp i'm on now is only around 10 months old and was pretty high spec when bought so norton doesn't hog too much of it, still plenty left according to the desktop meters. I do quite abit of shopping/banking online and have always been fine so i'm a norton fansmile.gif

Microsoft security essentials for virus protection and a combination of superantispyware (replacing spybot) and malwarebytes anti malware.

I also use Firefox installed with noscript for that added little extra protection