Issues with feeding Taste of the Wild?

Jay

I received a message from a friend on FB, saying that there have been a lot of complaints recently about Taste of the Wild here in the US.  Some people who have been feeding their dogs for years have gotten very sick, and creating liver problems.  I googled it and found a lot of comments on consumer affairs https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/taste-of-the-wild.html

Has anyone heard of this issue?  All 3 of mine eat it and now I am concerned.  I want to see if others have heard this before just changing their food.

Do you guys get product recalls in the shops? They usually state the batch numbers affected. Although I guess if it's the recipe itself then all would be affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I've asked around and gotten other people's inputs.  I tend not to jump on the bandwagon on complaints of products until I know for sure.  I am wondering if it is just some people blaming other medical issues on the food.  I have fed mine TOTW for years with no issues at all, and there are other husky owners that don't seemed to be that concerned over it.  Regardless I will still think about it, see if there are any other issues and keep a closer eye on my dogs

Could you maybe take your concerns to the vets? They may be able to check organ function with simple blood tests? If they are doing well on the food its a shame to to just dismiss it - its a minefield choosing which food to give your dog!! All we all want for our pooches at the end of day is that they are healthy and happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

The pet supply center that posted the concern did post an update that they contacted TOTW and they tested and researched the batches they got complaints about and they assured them that everything was normal.  Seems to be overreaction on their part, and somehow this small pet supply company in California made it viral to me.  Glad I looked into it before just switching their food for no reason.  I have used TOTW for 5 years and never had any problems with it.  

Archived