IMG_1012.PNG

This sweet boy is about 1 and a half and will be coming to us for a 2 week trial this week before we finalise his adoption.

The rescue has brought him from California to Canada this week as there are so many being surrendered there.

He has been left in a back yard, which was disgusting. He was drinking dirty water and basically walking round in his own mess.

The neighbour bought him from his owner purposely to surrender him so that he had a chance of a better life.

We will need to housetrain him and teach him some manners , he barely responds to his name. But I am so looking forward to adding this boy to our family

I've spent the weekend in -15 conditions in a foot of snow fixing fences and getting our yard ready to take him in.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 8

Aww, SHILO is beautiful!! I think SHILO will learn quickly. Just stay patient since his life was the best prior. Good luck and I pray the adoption goes well!!
WELCOME ABOARD

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

He is a beauty! I hope everything goes well for you and Shiloh, what a shitty start he’s had.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

5a33e4a901c11_AAWelcome.jpg.26e9c149dc91136c6941da3c8cbf76d9.jpg  TO  5a33e4aac2c5d_BALOGO.thumb.png.9a80879a70b8eb7b6be5048327f72f61.png

Hi and welcome
What a handsome chap hope all goes well

Congrats on your upcoming addition.  Glad he will get a chance at a better life!

Thanks everyone. We did think about changing his name, but my kids thinks he suits it. I guess we'll see. first thing out of son's mouth this morning was " One day closer mum"

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum

Aww how did it go with Shilo? Did the trial adoption work out?
he's been with us just over 2 weeks. not all finalised yet as we've had awful snow in calgary..I'm expecting we'll finalise sometime next week.
He's hard work, but he's coming on nicely. I've toilet trained him, he's able to pass people when he's on leash a lot better & we're working on passing other dogs.......he's my boy & he's defiantly staying with us.

• Like 2

He's a very handsome boy, so sad about his poor start, no dog deserves that. I’m betting he’s going to do well for you as you seem determined to do it all properly which is the only way to make it work. After reading some of the nightmare stories on this forum it’s a relief to read about someone who is putting the dog first. Good luck and do post updates so we can hear how he progresses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

He looks just like my Starsky and this story brings a tear to the eye. Shilo is fortunate to have such a wonderful person looking after him now and the prospect of a great new beginning...
...please keep us all informed of his progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The lady who rescued him from his owner and surrendered him has contacted me this week. A whole year this boy spent in a yard in his own mess. In 105 degree heat or pissing down rain. No shelter and a concrete slab as a bed. Sometimes they threw food at him and sometimes not!! He drank dirty rainwater.
His name was bear, however he was never called by it as he barely had any human contact, apart from the lady next door through a chain link fence. One day he cleared the fence and was attacked by a mastiff cross that near ripped his nose apart ( stitches still dissolving)
The lady rushed him to the vet and told them his name was Shiloh and gave his owner money to buy him to surrender.

I've cried reading her messages, how this boy is so sweet and loving and still trusting is beyond me.
My boys adore him, and in return he adores them. He's learning to walk to heel, very well too. And he's learning basic commands. I've toilet trained him and he follows me everywhere.
I'm just waiting for his chip papers and vet records and he's all ours

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

• Like 4

On 11/02/2018 at 6:20 PM, emmaarneaud said:

IMG_1012.PNG

This sweet boy is about 1 and a half and will be coming to us for a 2 week trial this week before we finalise his adoption.

The rescue has brought him from California to Canada this week as there are so many being surrendered there.

He has been left in a back yard, which was disgusting. He was drinking dirty water and basically walking round in his own mess.

The neighbour bought him from his owner purposely to surrender him so that he had a chance of a better life.

We will need to housetrain him and teach him some manners , he barely responds to his name. But I am so looking forward to adding this boy to our family

I've spent the weekend in -15 conditions in a foot of snow fixing fences and getting our yard ready to take him in.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners mobile app

Good luck! We got our girl dakota from a sled dog facility up north but her and her brother didn't make the cut. They hadn't been treated bad or anything, but they didn't serve a purpose as they weren't going to be sled dogs. She had just turned 1 when we had gotten her and apparently they had never given them names. Good luck! And what a handsome boy!