ZoeStephen

Help or info on this problem

ZoeStephen    18

Hi there being new to owning a husky we have read up on alot about them. However willow has a problem with her inner thighs. We have treated her for fleas and tics also wormed her. But recently on the 15th day of her heat cycle we noticed a bald spot forming on her inner thighs. We kept a close eye on it for a few days and noticed other areas of baldness. She bites and scratches so much it's now spread across her legs and on her lower stomach as well as around her private area. We have bred her and are just awaiting results of pregnancy. We have had her to the vets which we got antibacterial scrub for her and antibiotics. We have read that this could be also due to a zinc deficiency so we have changed her food to a better one for sensitive skin. We didn't care about the price although quite expensive but we don't know if it will help. I will post a picture of the baldness. I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same issues and what did they do for their pup to help them. We are really concerned about her.imageproxy.php?img=&key=182844e60eef252a

20170808_214617.jpg

20170808_214617.jpg

Jo    601

Poor girl, that looks sore, I've not seen this before, if its not clearing up I would take her back to vets, maybe skin scrapes to diagnose properly
Hope it clears up soon

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• Like 2

ZoeStephen    18

Thanks i hope so too it's heart breaking seeing her like this she seems happy in herself and is still eating and drinking plenty and it doesn't seem to bother her just the itching really 

DanUK    103

Just a shot on the dark. Maybe something diet related? I hope that you find out soon and she gets better.

• Like 1

ZoeStephen    18

Thanks we have changed her food to a more zinc based but the vets have gave us noroclav antibiotics for her too are they safe to use with her being pregnant? 

BingBlaze n Skyla    13,028

How long have you had her? Did the previous owners mention anything? Could u get in touch with them n see if she has an allergies or anything?
Did u not tell the vets u had bred her? They would know what antibiotics are safe or not

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 1

ZoeStephen    18

We've had her a few months previous owners said it happened once and get said to them was hormonal.  Told the vets we had bred her and they gave us noroclav for her they said its not 100% if it would harm the pups just my boyfriend was unsure if anyone else had given their pregnant dog the same 

PaulG    741

check your food for wheat products you may need to switch to a rice based diet, also if some one told you to feed evening primrose oil stop that

Looks like a heating allergy to maize which some food makers call wheat products

also the zinc problem tends to show up more  as  well cold sores around nose and mouth yu may also want to change your laundry soap for clothing etc and if you use  something like glade shake and vac stop using that. I have seen things like this that turned out to be a rection to a house hold cleaning product

• Like 3

ZoeStephen    18

Thanks we've changed her food to a rice based one and it's for sensitive skin and I've started to use different cleaning products around the house so hopefully that will help her didn't know about the evening primrose oil though thanks for that 

• Like 1

Emma    11,124

Bear has had a bright red rash on her lower tummy and in her armpits. It happened just after her face swelled up. It was an allergic reaction and treated with antihistamines. We never did find out what the cause was but dietary changes can be a culprit, so can insect bites, carpet cleaning fluids, washing powders etc.... the list is endless.

ZoeStephen    18

Thank you we have changed all cleaning products in our home along with de-fleaing our home and our willow with the proper stuff from the vets. The new food we have put her on is Arden grange, recommended by the vets as well as pets at home, that along with the antibiotics and antiseptic scrub should help. Hopefully! We just don't want to see her in any pain the poor little thing. 

• Like 1

Maybe she ingested some of the defleaing home product (like anti-flea bombs that spray everywhere, and everyone & the pets must vacate the house for 8+hours, etc). If she ingested some of the product used for the house, it could be having an adverse reaction to the unborn puppies. Definitely some raging hot spots/rashes on her. I hope she can get some relief and fast. Has the Vet XRayed her stomach & the puppies??
Praying for her & the pups.

~ANGIE

• Like 1

ZoeStephen    18

It was more of a spray for the house my boyfriend treated the house whilst I took her out for a while it dries within an hour and this happened before de fleaing sge had no fleas but we just took a precaution so it can't have been that. We have her booked in next week for he first scan she seems happy in herself still bouncing around and playing with her flamingo and her new froggy and when she goes to see the father of her pups Dylan she s constantly playful with him. The antibiotics, scrub, new food and change of cleaning products she hasn't been scratching and biting at herself so fingers crossed it heals better in the next few days

• Like 1

jue    8

If she's pregnant could be hormonal, personally I don't believe in breeding there are so many huskies in shelters it breaks my heart. Hope she is ok and gets well soon.

ZoeStephen    18

Thanks everyone for your help. Willow is getting better the redness has really gone down it's starting to go back to her normal skin colour and the fur is coming back lovely and thick. She loves her new food and is just as cheeky as ever l. Feeling so relieved she is on the mend with this. 😊

• Like 3