RJWR

Where are your husky's when camping

RJWR    29

So the thought of going camping with our two is a daunting thought. What do you do with your Husky's when you are camping with regards to keeping them secure and prevent them from running away?

do you have them in the tent?

• Like 1

robke    11,728

Mine are crated (the only time they are) in our caravans awning... and otherwise I have a stakeout system that runs wire between 2 stakeout pens about 5 meters long and then they are on sepperate lines of about 6 meters in length or smaller ones when it is busy...

• Like 1

Andy    10,613

Same as Rob, when we're in a tent 

Normal full size crate with the two of them in and tie down stake outside for when we're there with them.

BlueWolf    7,767

Haven't really been staying at a camping site with dogs but when I travelled with Dex through Sweden I would usually just stay somewhere secluded in the forest. I had this 5 meter rope that I could easily attach to the car or a nearby tree. I placed my tent in such way that he could come inside, but not walk around it (and get tangled up). He could hide underneath the car for shade as well. He could do his thing and I could do my thing.

0039.thumb.jpg.1e7419a9312d004a7622dbf4150af2a6.jpg

0040.thumb.jpg.1c6220403ff583642fa9f8ea6fd82d01.jpg

This summer I'm thinking of going on a camping trip again with both Dex and Pixel. Dex is pretty laid back but together they're a bit crazy. I bought two 10m lines and we'll see how that goes ;)

RJWR    29

i thought this might be the solution. Thing is i havent ever crated our huskies, i guess id rather sleep with them hooked up to the walking belt :)

petertmartin    84

We've been camping a few times with Harlow and she loves it. The first time because she's not fully crate trained cried and we let her sleep in our 2 man hiking tent which was cosy and nice. The other couple of times since we've had her in the back of my ute where we normally sleep when camping. She has chewed through a tethering line before and bolted off so this weekend when we go away I'm trying a steel chain and hopefully that will secure her

Sent from my SM-G900I using Husky Owners mobile app

robke    11,728

I use a plastic coated steel line,,,just so that it cannot hurt if they get tangled...

• Like 2

petertmartin    84
I use a plastic coated steel line,,,just so that it cannot hurt if they get tangled...

Great idea I might look into that because the steel chain might hurt her

Sent from my SM-G900I using Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 1

nikitashuman    153

Only camped once (never again, caravan now) we had nikita and a foster lab on a stake outside the tent but inside they were free. I didnt have the boys then so had no worries about escapees

Sent from my SM-G930F using Husky Owners mobile app