janeyp

2 puppies at the same time?

Rachael_Astro    1,525

No I wouldn't recommend 2. Read up about sibling rivalry! You would also have to think about separating them when she comes into season, he would be tearing walls down to get to her! Also 1 husky puppy is hard enough, 2 would be even harder

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

robke    11,831

I would not either...I would have at least 9 months between them...

chelseafan    514

Unless you're prepared for the hard work that training two takes just train one and then if you want a second have a gap of at least 6 - 9 months. I have 2 since 8 weeks old, both males from different breeders and I had a gap of 9 weeks from getting Cai to bringing Luka home. It is all consuming training 2 but I knew this and was prepared, but I've found it's a lifestyle having Husky's, not just having a pet dog.
Good luck whatever you decide.

• Like 1

Emma    11,169

I also had two close together and it was really hard. There were days when I literally felt like pulling my hair out but eventually it all came together.
It can be done but it's certainly not for the faint hearted and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone having experienced it myself tbh.

• Like 1

Jay    6,018

When Nikko was in puppy class, there was this couple that had two golden's from the same litter.  They had horror stories of trying to train them both at the same time.  Plus they seem to bond to each other rather than the family.  I got mine about 6 months in age apart and it worked out much better