Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bamills1

Any Other Dogs Not Getting Their Winter Coats?

I know I live in a warm area, particularly this year where it's still in the 70's every other day or so even in December. Otto has still not gotten his winter coat in. He's showing signs of it coming in in certain areas and is shedding a little more than normal. Is it just slow because of the weather or is this a normal thing with what I'm presuming is a short coat or racing line husky? Any advice would help.

As an aside, I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a while since I've been on here, school is rough and I'm graduating from the university of Alabama in a year and then I'll be off to law school for 3 more years so I've been incredibly busy and stressed out! Happy December too!

Welcome back! Sounds like you've been busy!

Mine are just now blowing their coats, actually just Nikko right now, so I think it depends on the dog. And that's with it being VERY cold here the last couple of months. So I think that's pretty normal especially seeing how it's a lot warmer there

even if they are not going into a winter coat they will still shed the old hairs...

Ice is blowing his coat right now but Bear's not started yet.....she's normally the first one to start so it'll probably happen soon.  :D