Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Austinville

2013 USA Iowa Camp

Planning is underway.

The third annual Iowa Camp will be held Friday, Sept. 20-22 in Ackley, Iowa. We can add another day if anyone is interested.

Tenting/camper sites are available at Prairie Bridges Campground. To make reservations, contact Angie or Tim at 641-485-1623. Just let them know you will be with Becky and the Husky Camp and they'll get you in the right area.

Most activities are held at the campground as there is more shade for the dogs along with trails for walking.

There are also cabins available within two miles of the campground (many of those coming from out of state stay in these.) Cabins are available at: http://www.lbrandtscrazyacres.com/ Phone number is 641-847-3336 or 641-485-4106. Deposits are required. Costs are approximately $113 for the weekend (2 nights) last year. Many of the 7 available cabins have already been booked for the 2013 camp.

NOTE: Lynn is SLOWWW at getting back with folks. Be patient or give me a call and I'll give her a gentle (ha!) push.

Make your reservations soon as cabins are already filling up!

Details on activities are being worked on. If you have specific ideas for activities, please contact me via PM and I'll see what can be worked out.

well i looked and it's actually only about 10 hours and with the rate for the weekend so low this may totally be possible.

I've though about this as well....but it might just be a bit to much of a drive for the weekend. 14 hour drive one way.

I've though about this as well....but it might just be a bit to much of a drive for the weekend. 14 hour drive one way.

And @Little Luka ... Talk to Brian from Texas, he and his dad came a couple years ago.

Like I said, I'm willing to expand it a day or more, if we have the interest. I just need to know within a month or so I get enough time off work.

I wish I could come! I was supposed to go last year but I could not make it, but I don't know if I will be in the position this year financially...plus Yukon is terrified of car rides (hoping he gets better with that!)

I wish I could come! I was supposed to go last year but I could not make it, but I don't know if I will be in the position this year financially...plus Yukon is terrified of car rides (hoping he gets better with that!)

We'd love for you to come if at all possible!

Not sure if we'll be able to make it this year. Baby is due next month! lol

I'm sure that if the baby comes, there would be no lack of folks who could be kept busy holding him/her!

I'm hoping we'll be able to make it this year, but we're going to have to wait and see. Keaton doesn't have vacation days left, and his job doesn't allow him to ask off weekends without using vacation days so I'd have to come alone and that doesn't really sound like too great of an idea.

I hope so! September is a long way to go, so I will have to wait and see how things turn out this year...right now kind of scary though! Had to pay for some major car repairs, taxes going up, utilities went up! UGH! Let's hope for a big raise soon LOL.

I'm hoping we'll be able to make it this year, but we're going to have to wait and see. Keaton doesn't have vacation days left, and his job doesn't allow him to ask off weekends without using vacation days so I'd have to come alone and that doesn't really sound like too great of an idea.

Certainly hope you can figure out how to be here, [MENTION=6255]Jen[/MENTION]net Embry&Zoey&Ares .

It's looking better for me this year to come!  I emailed Lynne to see if any cabins are still open!

Lynne already got back to me!  Cabins 2, 3, 5 & 7 are still open :)

is anybody on here still managing this?

Austinville (Becky) is still the lead dog on the Iowa Camp. Activities are being planned, several of the meals are already set. It is a GO. PM Austinville if you have any questions or better yet, post in this thread.

@ LittleLuka. I hope you can come! I would love to meet Luka and hear all about the crazy UK camp stories!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so who's all coming so far?? Come on guys we gotta be as wild or more so than our counterparts in the UK!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so who's all coming so far?? Come on guys we gotta be as wild or more so than our counterparts in the UK!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sally and I, along with Zoya and Eisa will be there.

Planning continues...

I'm working on an agility demonstration and hope to have a trainer/behaviourist give a presentation as well. 

Cabins are quickly filling up, so make your reservations asap. If you have any problems, feel free to pm me.