Dunc

Husky camp 2017

232 posts in this topic

lol

Is there anyone who still has to book who would be willing to share a caravan for a weekend?   They are a little big for one old female and an over-enthusiastic husky 14 month old !    I cannot bring Lunar as well as when they are together they egg each other on - and could cause trouble  -  on his own Lunar is very timid  -  but with his baby brother by his side he is all mouth (and no trousers)!

Also I have to ask guys  -  bearing in mind I cannot walk Marley more than a couple of hundred yards - is it worth my while coming down???   Hubby does the walking of the dogs because my mobility is severely limited depending on what sort of day I'm having.

Hey everyone, I would love to bring my 2 too Camp 2017 , but I'm 5 hrs away on the South Coast,  Kaiser and Layla haven't been that far in the car before so any tips would be appreciated,  Thank you x

IMG_20161224_205955_454.jpg

1 hour ago, KAISER1976 said:

Hey everyone, I would love to bring my 2 too Camp 2017 , but I'm 5 hrs away on the South Coast,  Kaiser and Layla haven't been that far in the car before so any tips would be appreciated,  Thank you x

well we are coming from The Netherlands so that 5 hrs drive is nowt lolol...just take regular pee/poo breaks and stretch legs you will be just fine...

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, KAISER1976 said:

Of course you can the more the merrier :up:

Is there anyone who still has to book who would be willing to share a caravan for a weekend?   They are a little big for one old female and an over-enthusiastic husky 14 month old !    I cannot bring Lunar as well as when they are together they egg each other on - and could cause trouble  -  on his own Lunar is very timid  -  but with his baby brother by his side he is all mouth (and no trousers)!
Also I have to ask guys  -  bearing in mind I cannot walk Marley more than a couple of hundred yards - is it worth my while coming down???   Hubby does the walking of the dogs because my mobility is severely limited depending on what sort of day I'm having.

Of course you can come! The day we go to the horse riding arena to let them off lead doesn't require much walking, I'm not sure what else is planned for this year.
I may be interested in sharing a caravan for the weekend, I'll find out if there's any dog friendly ones left seeing as everyone is glamping this year ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app
2 people like this

7 hours ago, KAISER1976 said:

WE drive up from High Wycombe / Oxford so only a little less than you guys.

My suggestion is. . . 

Drive up as far as Oxford Hour and a half /  two hours let them out for a pee break / walk.

Next up to the last services on the M40 again pee / walk

get through Birmingham another hour and a half first services on the M6 pee / walk

Then you should be good for the last two hours to North wales / Ty Mawr

2 people like this

Thank you for your reply , I will surely try plan our journey around that , just need to hope and pray there are doggie friendly caravans left , Lol x

Sent from my SM-T550 using Husky Owners mobile app

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, KAISER1976 said:

Thank you for your reply , I will surely try plan our journey around that , just need to hope and pray there are doggie friendly caravans left , Lol emoji85.pngemoji23.pngemoji190.png x

give them a ring tell them that you are with Husky Owners group, we've been coming here for 5 years we have an excellent reputation, sometimes they will move people who are in pet friendly caravans with no pets

to help out, Also Duncan Stridgen is a caravan owner at the park and Dad to the owner of this world leading website (also Admin), can't hurt to name drop :D 

2 people like this

Ahh , thank you very much I will surely try that I hope they can help out as I think my 2 would love it x

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, KAISER1976 said:

Ahh , thank you very much I will surely try that emoji4.png I hope they can help out as I think my 2 would love it emoji190.pngemoji16.png x

They and you will love it...

1 person likes this

What day is the 'let off lead day'  -  that is the main reason  (for Marley) that I want to come  -   but if it's a week day then its no use my coming at the weekend.    I am hoping that with there being so many dogs around that Marley will stop being such an enthusiastic puppy-jerk and he will learn to behave around other dogs like a grown-up.   I checked a couple of days ago and it said there were still vans available.

What day is the 'let off lead day'  -  that is the main reason  (for Marley) that I want to come  -   but if it's a week day then its no use my coming at the weekend.    I am hoping that with there being so many dogs around that Marley will stop being such an enthusiastic puppy-jerk and he will learn to behave around other dogs like a grown-up.   I checked a couple of days ago and it said there were still vans available.

I'm not sure about which day is let off lead day, Dunc, Marc or Sarah are the people to ask about that one!

It would be great to hear a north wales accent again   -   I spent my childhood about a mile from Bethesda   (Mum was Welsh) and went to school there for a while  -  and I have 7 cousins still living in the area.

1 person likes this

more then likely it will be a week day as it is a working horse training site and they are normally busy at the weekends and the place would need to be cleaned of horse manure otherwise the dogs will have a buffet and run LOL ..maybe we could look into doing it on the Monday...

It would be great to hear a north wales accent again   -   I spent my childhood about a mile from Bethesda   (Mum was Welsh) and went to school there for a while  -  and I have 7 cousins still living in the area.

Ahh you might be a bit disappointed with the accent thing, I can speak a bit of Welsh but apparently have a bit of a Scouse accent! Towyn where camp is is pretty much the same, and Marc, Sarah, Dunc and Sue are originally from Bolton way (I think!) so not many Welsh accents about! Proper Welsh accents are more West Wales :)

4 hours ago, robke said:

more then likely it will be a week day as it is a working horse training site and they are normally busy at the weekends and the place would need to be cleaned of horse manure otherwise the dogs will have a buffet and run LOL ..maybe we could look into doing it on the Monday...

Trouble is I then have a 3-4 hour drive home  -  and cannot drive in twilight/dark.      Maybe I should look at a Mon-Fri?        Also I must enquire if the prices are based on 6 people sharing a 6 berth caravan in order to get it at that price  -  certainly cannot afford to pay for 6 people  -  or even three  !

Trouble is I then have a 3-4 hour drive home  -  and cannot drive in twilight/dark.      Maybe I should look at a Mon-Fri?        Also I must enquire if the prices are based on 6 people sharing a 6 berth caravan in order to get it at that price  -  certainly cannot afford to pay for 6 people  -  or even three  !

I think the price is set no matter whether there's 1 or 6 people in the caravan to be honest!
We don't tend to leave the horse riding centre until about 2pm, so if it was a Monday that would give you plenty of time for getting back :)

26 minutes ago, Rachael_Astro said:

I think the price is set no matter whether there's 1 or 6 people in the caravan to be honest!
We don't tend to leave the horse riding centre until about 2pm, so if it was a Monday that would give you plenty of time for getting back :)

Let me know then if you are on for a Fri-Mon and we can go from there.    I really want Marley to have a safe area to run off lead and really burn off some energy!

1 person likes this

On 24/10/2016 at 3:31 PM, robke said:
On 11/01/2017 at 6:10 PM, robke said:

somebody has too...LOL

@Keeonah  Gary you booked your time off yet....

Time booked off at work just got to book the pitch now. As for posh just remember who has their new caravan. :D 

2 people like this

Well, it's seems we have an unusually quiet time at the hotel that weekend, so we're coming :). Gonna look at some caravans now, it's been a while since we attended a Husky Camp, looking forward to it.

3 people like this

This is the first time I've heard of this event, can anyone give me a little more info about where it is and what exactly is on? ^_^ Is it a huge husky fair, or a combined dog walk etc? 

Thank you!! <3

3 hours ago, Wolfee said:

This is the first time I've heard of this event, can anyone give me a little more info about where it is and what exactly is on? ^_^ Is it a huge husky fair, or a combined dog walk etc? 

Thank you!! <3

Hi It's held in North Wales near Rhyl.

We get together and either camp or caravan for either a long weekend or some stay for a week in may.

We go for scenic walks with the dogs to places such as Aber Falls and Llandudno and along the seafront at Rhyl.

We also rent out an indoor equestrian centre for a couple of hours so the dawgs can have a proper run around off lead.

In the mornings we do a breakfast butty :)

and in the evenings we sit around the Chimnea and have a social drink, swap stories and generally have a laugh.

You can find details of the camp here

Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Abergele - North Wales

https://www.park-resorts.com/holiday-parks/wales/ty-mawr/

Prices vary - for now it's just a deposit and the balance is paid next year i think by March?  You can either book a static caravan, tent pitch, or touring pitch - all give you access to the facilities on site including swimming pool and arcades

and details of past camps here, we've been doing this since 2009

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/forum/120-official-annual-husky-camps-archive/

2 people like this

And we are booked, yay. Friday to the Monday.

Had to ring them as the website said they had no caravans, they have loads apparently. But they did charge me for the dogs, I told them we get a discount, we do right :) Anyway, they are getting back to me once they'd talked to the park manager.

3 people like this

Time booked off at work just got to book the pitch now. As for posh just remember who has their new caravan.  

Finger crossed, I'll have a whole caravan this year instead of my 'flat pack'.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners mobile app
5 people like this