Photo
- - - - -

Need Tips And Advice On My 11 Week Old Husky!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Paiige

Paiige

• Members..
  • 27 posts
  • 5 topics
  • Local time: 02:05 AM
  • 13 likes

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:25 (09:25 AM)

Okaay so when i first got my husky i got her from a breeder for my 18th birthday , its a family pet but im the one taking her to training ect. When we first got her i didnt even get told her correct age because when i got home i emailed the person n asked what was there date of birth and it turned out my husky was only 6 weeks :( so anyway i kept her and have been trying to do my best with her with the help of my family , she is a very spoilt dog im not going to lie and she gets so much love and affection its unreal . Although, 2 days ago we had an incident where i had open a cupboard door and myiah had come darting through whilst having one of her mad half hours and had got her tail stuck under the door . Ive never heard a dog cry like she did , i felt so bad , cried all day long and me and my family had taken her to the vets . They gave her pain killers and she came home . Although the day after (yesterday) we got told to bring myiah back so they could check on her and they gave her another lot of painkillers for her tail . U can imagine how bad ect i have felt since that happened , after that second lot of painkillers , we was on the way home and myia just suddenly started like crying and whining constantly assif she was in pain , immediately i thought it was the tail thing and felt even worse as i thought it was me , but then i searched her symptoms on the internet after she had been home for a few hours and not stopped crying , restlessness , licking/biting her sides , sick , runs , it had to be a bad stomach ! So then i started thinking what have they given her at the vet to make her feel like this so i rushed her back up last night at about 11 ( also this has never happened before but the vet told me she was just going to weight myiah when we went for the second needle but then i heard her crying as loud as she did when she was in pain , the vet come in and said shes gave her the needle then without telling me and without doing it infront of me) . The vet last night was vile !! She told me im mommy cuddling her and there isnt nothing wrong with her :( also she said she was doing all of this because she was just spoilt. but i also sin a vet try to take her temperature and grabbed her by the scruff of the neck on separate occasions and myiah screamed like she did when she was in pain! Someone please help me and tell me whats wrong with her :( and if she is just spoilt what do i do ?? If any other information needed please done hesitate to ask me !!

#2 BingBlaze n Skyla

BingBlaze n Skyla

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 56,043 posts
  • 2,545 topics
  • Local time: 01:05 AM
  • 10,767 likes

Current mood: Gloomy

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:20 (10:20 AM)

Welcome to the pack . Doesn't sound like she's acting like that due to being spoilt . Can u take her to a different vet n get a second opinion? It could be a side effect from what they've injected her with or could be something else like u said bad stomach, runs n being lethargic isn't good for a young puppy at all , sorry I can't be ov more help but I would really look into a different vet for her
  • Dawn Penn Turpin and Paiige like this

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 mydiamond

mydiamond

Diamond's Human

• Members+
  • 16,287 posts
  • 853 topics
  • Local time: 08:05 AM
  • 5,415 likes

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:34 (10:34 AM)

first off I would recommend searching after that "breeder" again. I know the chances are slim, but maybe with some investigation and questioning you'd be able to gather information about Myiah's early life. A breeder that lied about their pup's age are most likely BYBs I'm afraid... and a lot of things can go wrong when you bred a dog without careful planning. If you didn't get any valuable information, get a vet (a different vet) to check in case she has any kind of internal problems that is causing her constant pain. I know it sounds paranoid, but I'm a paranoid so... yeah  :rolleyes: I'm only recommending this because she came from a rather irresponsible breeder. Assuming this is no internal problems:

1. Stomach problems, like diarrhea, is very common in husky puppies. But they don't cause abdominal pain. Bloat does... but you'd notice if it's bloat because her tummy would be as big as a balloon. Again I'd say get a different vet to check her, don't go to the internet. Never ever self-diagnose. Lethargy and constant whining indicates a whole lot of things. 

2. It might be the medicine. I can't believe the vet wanted to give her an extra dose of pain killers the very next day. How bad was that tail wound anyways? The ones I saw are never so bad they require so many painkillers. But then again this is just a wild guess. Can't say anything else besides "go see a different vet" :( but good luck xxx

and you don't need to feel guilty. I'm sure this is an accident. Accidents happen. About the spoiled dog thing? Well, if spoiling a dog is a crime, people would've built prisons instead of shopping malls  :lol:

• Keeonah, Dawn Penn Turpin and Paiige like this

OneXPL6.jpgOneXp7.png   DQNRjlr.jpgDQNRp7.png

IcoNIqT.jpgIcoNm4.png

#4 Paiige

Paiige

• Members..
  • 27 posts
  • 5 topics
  • 13 likes

Posted 30 December 2013 - 15:19 (03:19 PM)

first off I would recommend searching after that "breeder" again. I know the chances are slim, but maybe with some investigation and questioning you'd be able to gather information about Myiah's early life. A breeder that lied about their pup's age are most likely BYBs I'm afraid... and a lot of things can go wrong when you bred a dog without careful planning. If you didn't get any valuable information, get a vet (a different vet) to check in case she has any kind of internal problems that is causing her constant pain. I know it sounds paranoid, but I'm a paranoid so... yeah  :rolleyes: I'm only recommending this because she came from a rather irresponsible breeder. Assuming this is no internal problems:

1. Stomach problems, like diarrhea, is very common in husky puppies. But they don't cause abdominal pain. Bloat does... but you'd notice if it's bloat because her tummy would be as big as a balloon. Again I'd say get a different vet to check her, don't go to the internet. Never ever self-diagnose. Lethargy and constant whining indicates a whole lot of things. 

2. It might be the medicine. I can't believe the vet wanted to give her an extra dose of pain killers the very next day. How bad was that tail wound anyways? The ones I saw are never so bad they require so many painkillers. But then again this is just a wild guess. Can't say anything else besides "go see a different vet" :( but good luck xxx

and you don't need to feel guilty. I'm sure this is an accident. Accidents happen. About the spoiled dog thing? Well, if spoiling a dog is a crime, people would've built prisons instead of shopping malls  :lol:

Thanks for your comment ! Im a pretty paranoid person aswell so this is really stressing me out :( but i think i will get another opinion on my dog thankyou !! Can i ask how old is your husky ??

#5 Keeonah

Keeonah

Owned By Kaiser

• Sponsors+
  • 3,264 posts
  • 117 topics
  • 2,119 likes

Current mood: Happy

Posted 30 December 2013 - 15:49 (03:49 PM)

I'm inclined to agree with what has already been said. One thing that springs to mind though is that Myiah wasn't like this until you took her to the vets. I'm also thinking, unless I've missed something, that they didn't weigh her. Most drugs are dispensed according to the dogs weight. Most certainly get a second opinion. Unless you know the vet and trust them implicitly I would always be wary. I have just had an incident with the stand in vet where I go. My trusted vet is off ill and the stand in doesn't appear to have a clue. After giving one of my dogs a full examination the vet came to the conclusion that she had something stuck up her nose and it should come out on it's own, completely missing the fact that she had kennel cough, so it does happen. You carry on giving you little girl all the love and fuss she can take. She has been taken from her mum prematurely but has gone to someone who obviously cares for her. Spoiling her will do her no harm at all. You will need also to have a lot of patience with a husky pup as they are not the easiest of dogs to train. Good luck and one thing that you need to remember with husky owners is :worthless:

Gary.

Posted Image

#6 Paiige

Paiige

• Members..
  • 27 posts
  • 5 topics
  • 13 likes

Posted 30 December 2013 - 16:14 (04:14 PM)

I'm inclined to agree with what has already been said. One thing that springs to mind though is that Myiah wasn't like this until you took her to the vets. I'm also thinking, unless I've missed something, that they didn't weigh her. Most drugs are dispensed according to the dogs weight. Most certainly get a second opinion. Unless you know the vet and trust them implicitly I would always be wary. I have just had an incident with the stand in vet where I go. My trusted vet is off ill and the stand in doesn't appear to have a clue. After giving one of my dogs a full examination the vet came to the conclusion that she had something stuck up her nose and it should come out on it's own, completely missing the fact that she had kennel cough, so it does happen. You carry on giving you little girl all the love and fuss she can take. She has been taken from her mum prematurely but has gone to someone who obviously cares for her. Spoiling her will do her no harm at all. You will need also to have a lot of patience with a husky pup as they are not the easiest of dogs to train. Good luck and one thing that you need to remember with husky owners is :worthless:

Gary.

Thankyou for your comment its made me feel alot better ! I do think i am definitely going to get her checked pver by a different vet because ive said from the start its only since that vet took her away :(

#7 Keeonah

Keeonah

Owned By Kaiser

• Sponsors+
  • 3,264 posts
  • 117 topics
  • 2,119 likes

Current mood: Happy

Posted 30 December 2013 - 16:44 (04:44 PM)

If you need to know anything about your pup just come on here and ask, there are plenty of us that are always willing to give advice if we can.

Gary.

• Val (Zebedee), Dawn Penn Turpin and Paiige like this

Posted Image

#8 BingBlaze n Skyla

BingBlaze n Skyla

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 56,043 posts
  • 2,545 topics
  • 10,767 likes

Current mood: Gloomy

Posted 30 December 2013 - 16:59 (04:59 PM)

Make sure you stay with your pup at the vets too , n don't worry, when my boy was 8 weeks old him n my staffy were playing n my staffy jumped on him n hurt his leg, n my pup screamed like it had just fell off, he spent the night at the vets , accidents happen , but this doesn't sound like it's down to a hurt tail , hope she's ok

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Paiige

Paiige

• Members..
  • 27 posts
  • 5 topics
  • 13 likes

Posted 30 December 2013 - 17:04 (05:04 PM)

Make sure you stay with your pup at the vets too , n don't worry, when my boy was 8 weeks old him n my staffy were playing n my staffy jumped on him n hurt his leg, n my pup screamed like it had just fell off, he spent the night at the vets , accidents happen , but this doesn't sound like it's down to a hurt tail , hope she's ok

I no i never wanted to leave her in the vets! The women took her into another room n said "lets go and weight you myia" come back and didn't tell me how much she weighed and in the process whilst being away from me was when she screamed in pain !! N i said whats just happened to her n she said i gave her her needle . But she didnt tell me she was going :( ive got a bad feeling about whatever they did to her

#10 Val (Zebedee)

Val (Zebedee)

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 25,893 posts
  • 1,489 topics
  • 4,796 likes

Current mood: Tired

Posted 30 December 2013 - 17:20 (05:20 PM)

Paige, how old is Myiah now? It is common for dogs to run a temperature / be sick / have the runs / stop eating for a short while after an injection, as long as she picks up within 24 hrs. I would definitely search for another reputable vet though, that is not usual practice to treat patients like that. 

Most of us spoil our dogs in one way or another, it doesn't make you a bad owner, but it could encourage naughty behaviour that clever huskies will push the boundaries with. As long as you are aware of that & are consistent with any training etc, your "molly coddling" won't harm your puppy  :D

• Paiige likes this

vote1.jpg

avWokAr.jpgavWo.pngwAnd9r5.jpgwAnd.png

j2bdisU.jpgj2bd.png

#11 Paiige

Paiige

• Members..
  • 27 posts
  • 5 topics
  • 13 likes

Posted 30 December 2013 - 17:23 (05:23 PM)

Paige, how old is Myiah now? It is common for dogs to run a temperature / be sick / have the runs / stop eating for a short while after an injection, as long as she picks up within 24 hrs. I would definitely search for another reputable vet though, that is not usual practice to treat patients like that.

Most of us spoil our dogs in one way or another, it doesn't make you a bad owner, but it could encourage naughty behaviour that clever huskies will push the boundaries with. As long as you are aware of that & are consistent with any training etc, your "molly coddling" won't harm your puppy :D

Myia is 11 weeks today !! She had an inflammatory needle on saturday and a painkiller yesterday !

#12 Val (Zebedee)

Val (Zebedee)

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 25,893 posts
  • 1,489 topics
  • 4,796 likes

Current mood: Tired

Posted 30 December 2013 - 17:51 (05:51 PM)

At that age, anything strange will be scary & make her cry, bless her. But definitely look for another vet. Do you have any family nearby that has animals & uses a good vet? Or maybe ask the neighbours? They'll give you an unbiased opinion of their dealings with vets

• Paiige likes this

vote1.jpg

avWokAr.jpgavWo.pngwAnd9r5.jpgwAnd.png

j2bdisU.jpgj2bd.png

#13 jmscott

jmscott

• Members+
  • 1,321 posts
  • 34 topics
  • Local time: 08:05 PM
  • 768 likes

Posted 30 December 2013 - 18:14 (06:14 PM)

Puppies taken at 6 weeks tend to lack social and coping skills. Taking her to classes should help. She is probably also in the middle of a fear period and may be a little more easily upset.

• Paiige likes this

DSC_0054.jpg

Origin Siberian Huskies

Preserving the descendants of the Chukotka Sled Dogs

#14 mydiamond

mydiamond

Diamond's Human

• Members+
  • 16,287 posts
  • 853 topics
  • 5,415 likes

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:56 (01:56 AM)

Thanks for your comment ! Im a pretty paranoid person aswell so this is really stressing me out :( but i think i will get another opinion on my dog thankyou !! Can i ask how old is your husky ??

he's four years and a half :) time flies, you'll notice soon :P 

so how's Myiah today? :)

IcoNIqT.jpgIcoNm4.png

#15 Paiige

Paiige

• Members..
  • 27 posts
  • 5 topics
  • 13 likes

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:39 (10:39 AM)

he's four years and a half :) time flies, you'll notice soon :P

so how's Myiah today? :)

Aww i cant wait until shes fully grown and fully trained! Shes perfectly fine now thank god ! Shes running around like her normal self hahaa :)
  • mydiamond likes this

#16 mydiamond

mydiamond

Diamond's Human

• Members+
  • 16,287 posts
  • 853 topics
  • 5,415 likes

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:06 (12:06 PM)

phew :D so is it a good time to ask for pictures? :P 

IcoNIqT.jpgIcoNm4.png

#17 Paiige

Paiige

• Members..
  • 27 posts
  • 5 topics
  • 13 likes

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:13 (12:13 PM)

phew :D so is it a good time to ask for pictures? :P

Yess course it is Ahhhha !

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Val (Zebedee), sammybeans and Dawn Penn Turpin like this

#18 mydiamond

mydiamond

Diamond's Human

• Members+
  • 16,287 posts
  • 853 topics
  • 5,415 likes

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:15 (12:15 PM)

awww the bat ear stage :wub: 

IcoNIqT.jpgIcoNm4.png

#19 Paiige

Paiige

• Members..
  • 27 posts
  • 5 topics
  • 13 likes

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:21 (12:21 PM)

awww the bat ear stage :wub:

Lmao she having one of her mad half hours i couldnt take a perfect picture ;) had to lure her in with a treat
  • mydiamond likes this

#20 mydiamond

mydiamond

Diamond's Human

• Members+
  • 16,287 posts
  • 853 topics
  • 5,415 likes

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:27 (12:27 PM)

those mad half hours we call "the zoomies" :P mine broke a porcelain vase in one of his zoomie phases  :rolleyes:

IcoNIqT.jpgIcoNm4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users