Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marley & Lumikkis Mummy

Anyone tried baby powder ?

17 posts in this topic

I was googling dog smells because Bear smells sometimes pretty strong (or maybe im just paranoid about smells) but anyway I came across something that said you can use baby powder and brush it out to take the smell away. I bought some and just put in his fur and brushed it out and ITS WORKED !!!

NOTHING else ive tried has worked, obviously I kept it away from his eyes and face so he didnt breathe any in but has anyone else tried it ?

Good to know.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk.

I've not tried or heard of it before, but interesting to know.

Hmmmm I may need to try this, not so much on Kuma but on Koopa cause he always has a icky smell haha. He smells like a mix of doggie odor, stinky feet, and old shoes O.o My Boston Terrier use to have the same smell so we nick named him stinky butt and stinky binky haha.

Its a trick used for showing ;) Marius doesnt smell much apparently huskies are supposed to smell less when they get wet and such then other dogs becasue as working dogs they would be wet all the time :P

Its a trick used for showing ;) Marius doesnt smell much apparently huskies are supposed to smell less when they get wet and such then other dogs becasue as working dogs they would be wet all the time :P

Well Bear is an exception to the rule, maybe its because he is a Mally, ive no idea lol.

Well Bear is an exception to the rule, maybe its because he is a Mally, ive no idea lol.

I think mals are supposed to be the same way so hes special :D

sibes really dont smell. I personally would get him checked for a skin fungal infection. their fur is so dense that takes a long time to dry so can easily get a problem especially if you regualarly bath them or they go swimming etc.

I was googling dog smells because Bear smells sometimes pretty strong (or maybe im just paranoid about smells) but anyway I came across something that said you can use baby powder and brush it out to take the smell away. I bought some and just put in his fur and brushed it out and ITS WORKED !!!

NOTHING else ive tried has worked, obviously I kept it away from his eyes and face so he didnt breathe any in but has anyone else tried it ?

sorry i meant to press reply to my above post so youd get a notification

sibes really dont smell. I personally would get him checked for a skin fungal infection. their fur is so dense that takes a long time to dry so can easily get a problem especially if you regualarly bath them or they go swimming etc.

shes talking about her Mal :P but still

shes talking about her Mal :P but still

lol ive never thought mallys smell either. their coat is even worse than sibes for drying so really worth getting it checked

It works great on other breeds, (and humans) to remove oils from the fur (hair) when in a pinch, too.

I sometimes use baby powder on Storm, she doesnt smell bad but sometimes I like to freshen her up :rolleyes: lol

Never heard of this, but definitely worth a shot on Bear. The huskies smell fine to me, but Bear carries the doggy odor, especially after he has been outside.